I spent this weekend in the Brecon Beacons of Wales with some of the Secret Compass team; we practiced our Navigation, went through expedition procedures etc etc. It was a weekend of all kinds of weather but we had a great time in the hills - it was a nice break from writing my Dissertation (due March 8th!).
- The weather in Wales changes constantly... torrential rain, bright(ish) sun and snow in the space of 24 hours. I already knew this, this was a reminder!
- I probably should have taken more than my warm weather sleeping bag...it is February after all!
- Cheap gloves are no substitute for nice warm, waterproof gloves; definitely should have packed them...not sure why I didn't.
- You can buy 5 meals for 4 guys for under twenty pounds at Tesco, trust me.
- Pub landlords can be idiots.
- Rab rock... gaitors, walking trousers, hard shell and down jacket as ever all proved amazing (yes... I was embarrassingly sporting the full outfit).